October 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Pumpkin


I love Thanksgiving! So even though Halloween is right around the corner, I've been a little preoccupied with making things for my favorite November holiday... case in point: this Thanksgiving Pumpkin.


1. When I was at Michael's recently, I snagged this tiny bag of paper leaves for $1.00 and picked up the cream-colored pumpkin for 50% off the original price.
2. I wanted to adhere the leaves to the pumpkin, so I grabbed some adhesive and got to work (my go-to glue is Tacky Glue - it works on so many things!).
3. I painted a thin coat of glue on the back of the leaves using a foam brush. I was especially careful to get the glue along all the edges of the leaves as I wasn't planning to seal it, so the leaves had to be completely stuck to the pumpkin.


And after a few minutes of gluing, all of the leaves were on the pumpkin!


But I wasn't done yet! I had saved a small space on the pumpkin for a holiday sentiment. I traced out my favorite Thanksgiving phrase ("Give Thanks") and painted over it using basic craft paint (I use Americana).


And that's all it took to complete my Thanksgiving Pumpkin


THANKSGIVING PUMPKIN SUPPLY LIST
Plastic/foam pumpkin
Paper leaves
Glue
Foam brush
Acrylic paint
Paint brush

No comments:

Post a Comment